Chiropractors for Athletes
When we think of chiropractors, we often think about how they are the people that we go to because of injury. Usually, that injury is a car accident. We all know that we should go to a chiropractor after a car accident to make sure our bodies and bones are in order and not misaligned, but we rarely think about all of the other benefits that chiropractors offer – especially when it comes to sports!
Benefits Of Chiropractic Care For Athletes
Advanced Health Pain Relief Center in Idaho Falls, Idaho is one chiropractic office that wants you to know how chiropractic medicine can benefit athletes:
- High-Injury Sports – Do you play football? Football is one of the most dangerous sports in the United States and many players suffer from frequent and serious injuries. Waking up stiff and sore is part of the daily routine of a football player, but did you know that about one-third of NFL teams keep a chiropractic care physician on staff! Having a chiropractor on staff to help players when they need it can positively impact the player themselves, and the performance of the team. Football isn’t the only sport that sees enhanced performance due to having a chiropractor on staff, hockey does as well.
- Sports-Related Hernia – Have you experienced a sports-hernia before? They are not fun! Up to 20% of sports injuries involve groin pain- a common medical concern for soccer players. However, studies show that players who received consistent chiropractic and rehabilitation care felt much better after only 8-weeks of therapy.
- Increased Strength – Chiropractic care offers a noticeable amount of improvement in strength in many athletes. Chiropractic care does focus on muscular and skeletal pain, but it has been shown that it can also promote physical and grip strength. Martial arts experts use chiropractic care to keep their bodies moving fast and forcefully.
- Faster Healing – Routine chiropractic adjustments has been shown to help improve healing time, too! When your muscular and skeletal system is not aligned, the body takes more time to heal. Muscle spasms and inflammation try to protect the body from further damage, but this doesn’t help heal. Chiropractic help can speed up the recovery time and get you back to your sport faster.
- Speed. Speed. Speed – Runners experience a wide-range of injury. One common problem for runners is muscle sprains and strains. Fast, quick movements can easily disturb muscles and bones and require chiropractic help to get back to top-athletic performance. An experienced chiropractic center like, Advanced Health Pain Relief Center knows just what to look for, and how to treat many problems that runners experience.
Advanced Health Pain Relief Center in Idaho Falls, Idaho is an experienced chiropractic facility that understands how they can benefit local athletes and local athletic teams. If you are experiencing any pain due to athletic injury, don’t forget that chiropractors offer a wide-range of treatment that can seriously help you feel better faster, and get you back on your A-game!