Don’t let back pain ruin your quality time. Find out what exactly is causing you to experience pain in your back at Advanced Chiropractic Care.
Back Pain Statistics
Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on just the simple back pain that can be easily identified. That doesn’t count the more difficult back injuries. Thirty-one million Americans have experienced back time at any time in their life. Chiropractic care is the number one solution to lower back pain. People would rather visit a chiropractor than have medical care, pharmaceuticals, acupuncture, and physical therapy. Many studies can prove that chiropractic care can give you relief faster and the results will last longer than any other type of care.
What Can Cause Back Pain?
Muscles, ligaments, joints, and bones make up the area of the back. Picking up a small thing that you dropped onto the ground can be very painful. You can rupture disks, irritate joints, sprain ligaments, and strain muscles which can lead to excruciating pain in the back. Not only can these things lead up to having back pain, arthritis, obesity, poor posture, and psychological stress can also complicate your back.
- You need to try to live a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a healthy diet and weight.
- Don’t forget to remain active— under the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
- Try to avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Make sure that you warm up or stretch before exercising or physical activities, such as gardening.
- Try your absolute best to maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your computer workstation is ergonomically correct.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is a natural form of health care that doesn’t use drugs or surgery. Chiropractors use spinal adjustments to help correct any problems that you have and restore your body’s nervous system to help your body heal naturally.
What Kind of Injuries Can Qualify to See a Chiropractor?
- Lower back pain.
- Neck pain and whiplash pain.
- Sciatica and disc herniation.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Work, auto, and sports injuries.
- Sprains and strains.
- Carpel tunnel syndrome.
You can even give your back more support by using a back brace. Most lower back pain comes from unsettled pressure, thus causes your disks, joints, and other nonflexible body parts to grind against each other. Back braces like the ones found in pharmacies or sporting goods outlets are the most common braces to find. These are designed to help eliminate some of the painful joint grinding along with having your spine in a stationary position. Along with bracing the lower back, some of the support is transferred to the abdominal area. This adjustment of weight can help improve your posture, as the brace keeps the body in an upright.
Leave a Reply